Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mojo

mojo |ˈmōˌjō|noun ( pl. -jos)a magic charm, talisman, or spell : someone must have their mojo working over at the record company.magic power.ORIGIN early 20th cent.: probably of African origin; compare withGullah moco ‘witchcraft.’

Mojo's were a rather big thing amongst my fellow MTB riders in the 1990's. I had Wallace (of Wallace & Gromit fame) and it went everywhere with me, even shifting across bikes as they were replaced over time. Sadly many of us have become a bit more grown up and serious about the kit we display. And mojo's have disappeared from the adult cycling population.

The perils of walking through Chinatown with spare cash in your pocket. You end up buying some of these...

Tires pumped? Check. Water bottles? Check. Spare tubes and pump? Check. Mojo? Check.

You want a piece of me?

Bring back the Mojo I say. Yeah, baby...


No comments: