This was meant to be a set of reference photos for the 1st generation Campagnolo Delta Brakeset. Excuse the poor photos as the evening light was dimming faster than I had anticipated.
The pertinent features are:
- smaller and more curvaceous than subsequent generations with a slight satin sheen
- stamped Campagnolo wing logo on the face plate
- retaining clip on the underside of the caliper/ faceplate
- quick-release lever above the caliper
- levers do not have a quick release button (and have a ridiculous, impossible-to-access nut for the handlebar clamp)
- smaller brown brake blocks
- internals with a tendency to rust
- 3mm cable clamp bolt with tendency to fail
There are some things in the world that are so beautiful to look at that we forgive the fact that they don't really do their job. First generation Campagnolo delta brakes are a fine example of this.
I understand that there are probably a couple of hundred 1st generation calipers floating around worldwide.